Thursday, January 10, 2008

01/11 Infosys Global Educational Center Tour

While walking on the grounds of Infosys Development Center, I totally forgot I was in Mysore. In just a few yards our group stepped onto a premise of luxurious state-of-the-art facilities. Alarmingly, I felt like we were touring a movie set or something-were the lush grass and gardens real?-were we really walking past a bowling alley, tennis court, pool, and movie theater?!?!

Throughout the tour, I kept thinking about how intimidating the $140 million campus was and how I would feel if I had been an SDM student applying for the company. Friedman's reaction described in his fifth chapter, titled AMERICA & FREE TRADE: Is Ricardo Still Right?,
perfectly explains how I kind of felt, "They-the Infosys employees-all looked as if they had scored 1,600 on their SATs, and I felt a real mind-eye split overtaking me." (Pg 263)

No comments: