Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween

I was the CAP-IE-TON Tuesday night; it was a blast!

So, I timed it; it takes me 45 minutes to walk to church! But, it is so worth it. The Iglesia de Cristo is a small church with contemporary Spanish worship. A group of women lead the worship and there are 2 acoustic guitars. When it’s time to sing-EVERYONE sings. If you are not singing loud, you are the odd ball! Singing in Spanish is so hard (but I love it). About 75 to 100 people pack into the church it’s small but beautiful. Throughout the service, the pastor will ask men or women from the congregation to lead in prayer (It reminds me of some of the churches back home, and that always makes me smile). The whole service is in Spanish, so it is perfect practice for my comprehension. (Seriously, when I leave there I am filled with so much joy!) I also connected with one of the families. Last Sunday, Antonio, his wife Lourdes, and I exchanged digits. They also helped me figure out times for the college group/youth service that meets once a week. I can’t wait to see what the Lord has in store…please pray for Iglesia de Cristo in Sevilla.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo who!! That's so awesome :)

Remember what you were for Holloween two years a go? You cute little bumble bee... hehe

Have a great day (and thanks for your email, I'll email you back asap)

Anonymous said...

MALEAH! This is music to my ears!! I'm so thankful that you have connected with people! Praise GOD! Love you so much!
~Always Kate

Anonymous said...

Ah Mel...Spain looks beautiful. I will e-mail you soon!

YOU are beautiful...

Love you

Jay said...

Maleah,
I'm excited you found a church! I'm bummed you're staying an entire year...but mostly for selfish reasons, we miss you here! I'm praying for you.
Pastor Jay

Anonymous said...

Okay MaLeah... I miss you more than words can say. Pretty sure I've read this post like 3 times in the past 2 days. Love you very much, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon! xoxox

~Always Kate

Anonymous said...

MyLeah,
I just knew you would stay! I am SO NOT very excited for you to be away for so long. Well, maybe I will just have to come see you. Oh if only......(that would be so cool but extremely remote).
I praise God that you have found a
place to worship with others. That
is wonderful! You are loved and very missed little one. love, faye

Anonymous said...

Leah!
You've been gone so long and I've just found you again. I will work on my Spanish and write again. Missed you so much at Thanksgiving!
Love Ya!
Uncle C